What do today’s home buyers really want in a new home? According to an Economics and Housing Policy Group survey, they want very different things today than they did during the housing boom.
The responses, which came from nearly 4,000 respondents, indicated that:
- 85% are interested in energy efficient features
- 50% want a wireless home security system
- 50% want a programmable thermostat
- 40% want security cameras
- 39% want a lighting control system
- 32% want an energy management system and display
As you can see, home buyers have come a long way from the early 2000s. According to the National Association of Homebuilders, which cited the survey in its 2013 report “What Home Buyers Really Want,” builders admit to seeing fewer requests for wet bars and laundry chutes, and more requests for the features like those listed above. In fact, the data reveals, 30% of buyers want a whole house control system – something that very few buyers were even aware of during the housing boom.
The good news is, Knight Security can accommodate all of these home buyer requests. As soon as a buyer closes, our licensed technicians can be at the property with a wireless home security system that’s installation-ready. If the new homeowner chooses to implement Total Connect® from Honeywell, it will provide them with literally every feature on the “must have” list above.
That’s something home buyers just didn’t have available to them during the housing boom – and it’s one more indicator that today’s buyers are wising up to what’s really important. If you are embarking on your next home purchase and these features are important to you, ask Knight Security about Total Connect. Our expert representatives will be glad to help.
About Knight Security
Knight Security Systems, Inc. was started in 1979 by Robert E. Maley – a former Pennsylvania State Police Trooper as an independent, owner operated security company. With many years in law enforcement he was interested in helping people secure their homes and businesses with electronic security systems in Harrisburg and Central PA. We have been in business for over 35 years.
- Building Safer Communities: Knight Security Systems’ Approach to Community Engagement - December 6, 2023
- Integrating Smart Home Technology with Security Systems: The Future of Residential Safety - November 27, 2023
- Holiday Home and Business Security: Ensuring Safety During Thanksgiving and Christmas - November 20, 2023